We need to change the way people get around in Toronto. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Create a subway line under Queen Street from The Beach to Roncesvalles
- Create a rapid transit link to the airport from Union Station – use existing GO Train line to Malton.
- Create a three-stop train-style link from Union Station to Roncesvalle to Browns Line.
- Follow the lead of London, England and assess tolls for vehicles entering the core of the city.
- Provide tax incentives to people who ride their bikes – just like we do for transit riders.
We need to start somewhere.